Careers at Herb Pharm
The Herb Pharm Family
The Herb Pharm Team
The Herb Pharm family has grown slowly over the years, from just a few helpers to a staff of 70 employees today. We are proud of the fact that many of our employees have been here over 10 years, several over 20. We take the same pride in working with our employees that we have always taken in working with the herbs. New employees are welcomed onto the Team, and given considerable opportunity for cross training so that they can begin to develop their own career paths within the company. We expect everyone to participate fully in the work involved in making medicine and doing all the tasks associated with growing a successful business. Traditionally, teams of people have worked together to solve problems as they come up. Everyone's expertise and effort is needed to help us succeed. We've made a commitment to enabling our employees to continue their education, both on the job and in the classroom, because we understand that as they grow, so grows our business.
Our Benefits Package
The generous benefits package we offer includes competitive wages and salaries at all levels, as well as a complete range of quality health benefits to protect our employee and their families. In addition we offer a substantial savings and retirement program to help them plan for a financially secure future. Full-time and part-time employees on our Team are eligible to participate in our benefit plans, which include:
- Comprehensive group medical, dental and vision coverage for employees & dependents
- Coverage includes a variety of alternative health care options
- Prescription drug coverage with a mail order program
- Generous employee purchase discounts of our herbal products
- Life, accident and disability insurance
- Paid vacation and personal time off plans
- Short term disability plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company matching and profit sharing
Our group health plan is a PPO rather than an HMO plan, because we want our
employees to be able to select the best possible quality care for themselves
and their families within the confines of reasonable cost containment.
New full time position available in our world-class production plant. Put your budding herbal knowledge and passion to work in this job where you will learn all aspects of the manufacture of herbal extracts. You will be primarily responsible for assisting in the processing of herbal extracts by performing various operations such as; milling, blending macerate, stirring, pressing, filtering and ensuring that the work environment meets all cleanliness and safety standards. Ours is a productive team environment, requiring that duties be performed with a positive & cooperative attitude at all times, thereby contributing to the overall successful operation and growth of the organization.
- HS required, some college with emphasis in science and math preferred.
- Related work experience in a manufacturing environment helpful.
- Good understanding of the basic concepts of mathematics required.
- Detail oriented, with an ability to remain focused while performing repetitive tasks for long periods.
- Familiarity with food processing GMPs, or related industry standards helpful.
- Ability to work safely with various herbal and chemical agents or solvents.
- Ability to document activities with legible, accurate paperwork and perform accurate computer data entry. Typing speed of 30-40 wpm helpful.
- Ability to stand for most of the shift, and lift up to 75 lbs. safely using lifting aids to move heavier loads.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment, and following established safety rules.
- Willing to work effectively and constructively in a small team environment.
Herb Pharm's Organic Farmers are responsible for ensuring the quality of our herbal raw material from seed to harvest. They work under the direction of the Farm Manager, on small crews with our Student Interns, sharing proper farming techniques with the students as they work together. A commitment to learning and the continuous improvement of our organic farming techniques is essential.
We seek hands-on experience with at least three of the following: plant propagation, greenhouses, irrigation, field prep & soil development, planting, weeding and harvesting, landscaping with herbs and general farm maintenance/equipment issues. Familiarity with organic field practices is important. Our Farmers must also be strong advocates for safety; i.e. an understanding of body mechanics, tool and equipment use, among other issues.
If you have both organic farming experience and a passion for sharing your knowledge with others, this may be the job for you. Minimum requirements include a good basic understanding of organic farming techniques as they apply to both annual and perennial plants, (exp. with the cultivation of medicinal herbs preferred) plus excellent communication and organizational skills. This requires at least one full season of organic farming experience. HS diploma required, a degree in Agriculture or a related field will be helpful, but is not essential.
This is a seasonal position (9-10 months/year).
Director of Marketing
Exciting new growth opportunities have stimulated our need to add a new Director of Marketing. This expansion role will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Williams, Oregon and report directly to the CEO. As a member of the executive team, you will participate in our long-term strategic planning, and be responsible for leading the successful implementation of plans designed to capture new markets, launch new products, analyze results and maximize profits within budget constrains and in alignment with the Herb Pharm mission and ethic. In this role you will also be responsible for managing, directing, and leading all marketing activities; including retail promotion, web merchandising, social media, e-mail, and e-commerce. You will also support product development initiatives and provide leadership to all external brand marketing activities required to maximize net revenues.
What you will be doing:
- Lead marketing and PR to drive strong, successful brand identity, awareness and differentiation of the company’s reputation in the marketplace. Delivering comprehensive marketing plans that cover go-to-market strategies, advertising plans, specific messaging and channel markets.
- Direct development of sales collateral, including driving effective content, and ensuring that all proposals, presentations, and sales marketing responses clearly represent Herb Pharm’s mission, ethic, quality, brand, and operational standards.
- Oversee all PR, including identifying proactive press opportunities, and leading creative web site, social media and related e-commerce merchandising efforts.
- Work with our business partners to drive sales and awareness.
- Guide the product development team to plan and execute product launches for new and updated products, including creation of support, communications and training materials.
Our requirements of this position:
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications or Business required, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in managing a marketing team including: consumer marketing, product management, web-based marketing, social media and e-commerce marketing. Herbal or dietary supplement industry experience preferred. Experience in a high growth organization is a plus.
- Solid analytical, planning, forecasting, budgeting and well-developed financial skills.
- Hands-on management style that demonstrates results directly to key management.
- Passion and proven track record for exceeding results, team building and cross-functional management cooperation.
- A well-rounded leader who has business acumen and experience encompassing all areas of marketing (product, program development, digital/web/social media, strategy, marketing operations and measurement, research, events, PR, branding). Experience organizing, managing and leading sophisticated marketing initiatives.
- This position requires a self-starter who thrives on the challenge of executing multiple, simultaneous marketing strategies.
If you are interested & qualified for any of these opportunities, please send a resumé and cover letter to:
Georgia Moulton, Director of HR
PO Box 116
Williams, OR 97544
Fax: (541) 846-8956