Mint and chocolate are a classic winter combination, the perfect sip after playing in the snow. This lightly sweetened hot chocolate is pungent and highly aromatic, thanks to Peppermint Spirits, a proprietary blend of Peppermint leaf extract and essential oil. We used hemp milk to make this drink, but you can use any milk you prefer. Opt for organic ingredients when possible. Each serving yields about 6 ounces.
¾ cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao or dark cocoa powder
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
0.7 ml Herb Pharm Peppermint Spirits+
- In a small pan over low heat, whisk together the milk, cacao or cocoa powder, maple syrup and salt. Bring it just to a simmer, then immediately remove from heat. Do not let it boil.
- Pour into a mug. Add 1 full squeeze of the dropper bulb of Peppermint Spirits and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Adjust the amount of maple syrup to taste.
- If your milk is sweetened, reduce the amount of maple syrup.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top, if desired.
+One full squeeze of the dropper equals 0.7 ml; it provides approximately 1 serving of Peppermint Spirits.