RecipesFeb 2, 2022
Recipe: Black Elderberry Toddy
Black Elderberry glycerite has a sweet, tart and fruity taste. One delicious way to take it all winter long is in warm water. Adding a bit of local honey plays up Black Elderberry’s sweet side, while a squeeze of lemon offers a hint of sour tang. Since this drink uses warm — not boiling — water, it only takes a couple of minutes to prepare.
½ teaspoon local organic honey, or to taste
4 ounces warm (not boiling or steaming) filtered water
0.7 ml Herb Pharm Black Elderberry Alcohol-Free extract†
1 organic lemon wedge
- Place the honey in the bottom of a mug.
- Carefully pour in the warm water, then stir until the honey has dissolved.
- Add the Black Elderberry, Alcohol-Free, then stir again.
- Squeeze the lemon wedge into the mug, and serve immediately.
- To make this beverage vegan, substitute coconut nectar or maple syrup.
- If you prefer a less sweet drink, omit the honey.
- Use an orange or lime wedge in place of the lemon.
†One full squeeze of the dropper equals 0.7 ml; provides approximately 1 serving of Black Elderberry Alcohol-Free extract.