RecipesFeb 2, 2022
Recipe: Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Latte
Spicy, warm Turmeric is a perfect match for creamy pumpkin and traditional pie spices. This warm, cozy drink is even tastier when topped with whipped cream, but you can leave it off if you prefer. We used hemp milk to make this aromatic latte, but you can use any milk you prefer. Opt for organic ingredients when possible. Each serving yields about 6 ounces.
¼ cup pure pumpkin purée
1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon local honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1.4 ml Herb Pharm Turmeric liquid extract†
Whipped cream (optional)
Dash nutmeg (optional)
- In a small pan over low heat, bring the pumpkin, milk, pumpkin pie spice, honey, vanilla and salt to a simmer, then immediately remove from heat.
- Divide between two mugs. Add 1 full squeeze of the dropper bulb of Turmeric extract to each mug and stir well to combine.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg.
- Adjust the amount of honey to taste, or use coconut nectar or maple syrup for a vegan drink.
- If your milk is sweetened, reduce the amount of honey.
- Make sure you use pure pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling, in this recipe.
†One full squeeze of the dropper equals 0.7 ml; it provides approximately 1 serving of Turmeric extract.